Following Instagram profile aesthetics is vital these days especially if you are looking to promote business or are content creators. Who does not want to get their profile on point and be compelling? The most vital part of any profile on Instagram is its profile picture. Profile picture is the only thing that everyone can view on your profile irrespective of the fact whether they follow you or not. Hence it becomes important to put up a perfect profile picture. Instagram profile pictures are displayed in a small circular thumbnail, hence it is important that you choose a perfect profile picture with perfect size to fit into this circle nicely and look clear and amazing. This article explains everything you need to do to get a perfect profile picture.
- Size of your profile picture: As we all are aware how Instagram locks its profile picture in a small circular thumbnail making it difficult for us to confer the image. When you have to display an image in such a small area it is very important that you choose a picture of the right size and dimension that is clearly visible even in that small space. The standard size for your Instagram profile picture is 110 x 110 pixels or 1:1 aspect ratio. Putting up a profile picture of this size helps give a bit of a clear view to the profile picture, as you cannot open the profile picture in its original size and resolution. Though there are third-party apps like Instazoomer that help you get a clear view of profile pictures on their app by simply entering the Instagram username of the person.
- Colour coordinated image: You also need to take care of the fact that your profile picture is colour coordinated. By colour coordinated I mean that the picture should have a contrasting background and foreground so that the subject in the image seems highlighted and the focus falls on him/her. Also make sure your profile picture is colour coordinated with the rest of your profile to create an aesthetic look.
- HD quality picture: Whenever you are choosing a profile picture for Instagram, keep in mind that this picture is to be displayed in a small circular thumbnail. Hence you cannot upload just any picture. The picture you upload should be of HD quality and high clarity so that it gives a clear view even in that circle. Avoid putting up blur pictures or pictures with dull lightning.
- Proper orientation: For your Instagram profile picture having the correct orientation is necessary. Try choosing a profile picture that has the subject or object of focus in the centre so as to avoid any cropping of the image when placed in the small circular thumbnail. Also make sure you put a picture of your upper body and face only, as putting up the entire picture in the small circle will make it further unrecognizable.
- Relevant profile picture: Another important factor to get your Instagram profile picture aesthetics right is choosing a relevant profile picture. Your profile picture should always be either your picture or your brand logo. Your profile picture represents you, people identify your profile from the profile picture hence you should always keep your own picture or brand logo as your profile picture.