If you love making YouTube travel videos that inspire travelers and you want to tell them about foreign cultures and destinations, then find your adventure in making YouTube travel videos. Launching a YouTube travel video channel in 2021 begins with defining a personal brand and a niche viewer.
Your brand defines your travel channel and, ultimately, the trips that utilize them. All you need is a gimbal and a tripod when you go to a new destination and start creating and editing travel videos.
There is a lot to learn!
How to Make YouTube Travel Videos
Step 1 – Have a goal and stick to it
The first step before you start creating your travel videos is to understand what you want to do and what your objective of making these videos is. Want to start or extend your Youtube channel, create videos for your clients, improve your Instagram Stories game, or add videos to your blog. Make sure you have a passion for it and don’t just get lost in videotaping. Setting goals first acts as a rudder to stay focused.
When this new challenge becomes difficult, it will put you back on track. This is a serious process that requires accuracy. A common mistake many beginners make is to assume that recording a video is as simple as pointing the camera at the subject and pressing the record button. If you shoot like a pro, be prepared to learn everything about video shooting.
Understand the travel challenges and destinations you are trying to capture and find out what your audience is interested in watching. State your goals in advance in the video introduction and develop video ideas clearly and consciously. Yes, you need to have an idea before you start shooting. Video tutorials also prepare viewers for what they see and tell them about the value they will get from watching the video.
Step 2 – Keep your basic equipment ready
Now that you’ve decided to become a travel video maker, don’t be overwhelmed by the wide range of equipment options on the market, but don’t worry about getting the best equipment on the market. Video equipment is usually a bit expensive, so it’s a good idea to start with cheaper, less technical, and professional equipment. Cameras and lenses, in particular, tend to be the most expensive of all the basic equipment you may need, but you don’t have to dig into the latest cameras and lenses early in the learning process for videographers. Start with a cheaper and more affordable brand while preserving quality.
Try to find a balance within your budget and include essentials including tripods, DSLR camcorders, headphones, or gimbal stabilizers or shoulder mount rigs, memory cards, excellent microphones for recording high-quality audio, spare batteries, and external lighting. However, everything is flexible. I’ve seen some great videos made on the latest smartphones. So, just with a cell phone, gimbal, and microphone, you can do it well. If you have a limited budget, start with a few of these things.
Step 3 – Plan before shooting
Prepare each recording according to your plan and become your director. When creating travel vlogs and videos, pre-visualization gives you exactly what you need, so you don’t waste time thinking about what to do next.
- To shoot a travel video of your destination, you need to research video and travel ideas, balance your budget, promote sponsorship, and develop strategies for how to pay for time and money. Your ultimate goal is to get the best travel video content and travel stories that inspire travelers.
- Crave for passion for creativity and explore destinations to give new perspectives and dimensions through your camera. Create the best evergreen videos and provide valuable insights into traveling alone at your destination.
- As you grow your audience, you can feature sponsorships and tourism associations as you need to find various ways to make your channel sustainable without digging everything into your pocket.
Step 4 – Show your creativity
Be creative no matter what kind of travel video you create. Videography is an art and should be treated that way. Be creative in every aspect of the furniture, landscapes, photography, editing, and other overall creations. Check out lots of videos to get inspiration for your videos, and don’t be afraid to try new things. You can experience a virtual journey through an enticing visual language and recording style used to tell a story in a built-in way. You can shoot the entire travel video in
- Vlog- Many YouTube personality-based Vloggers do it, but it’s much more interesting to watch a panoramic shot, a close-up of cultural details, and a travel video that shoots Vlog footage in one fell swoop. is.
- Share your travel experience through B-roll, which is an alternative setting that helps tell a story.
- You can also try narration which means to script your ideas, record them, and add them as you go through the editing process.
- Make sure you are using camera support. It is not easy to take a normal breath with the camera without moving the image every time you breathe. Use a tripod, gimbal stabilizer, or shoulder mount to stabilize your footage like a pro.
Step 5 – Edit your travel videos professionally
After each shot, take enough time to edit the raw product. It may be overlooked during recording but can be corrected during editing. High-quality video is the result of proper planning, execution, and editing, and editing plays an important role in the results. Professional editing can transform a normal video into a decent travel video, and it’s very easy to learn how to edit it.
You can play with the software and learn almost everything you need to know about making travel videos and some tips on how to edit travel videos.
You must take the help of creative video editing software and learn:
- How to create a new project
- Import footage
- Add a new folder
- Trim the footage before adding it to the timeline using an effective video trimmer
- Add footage to your timeline
- Add audio to the timeline
- Adjust the audio level, and add an effect.
Step 6 – Which music to use for your travel video
Trending Sounds and Music can be subscription-based and can be chosen from a carefully selected library. This means you don’t have to waste time searching and listening to 30 songs to find the right song for your type of video. And you don’t have to worry about licensing investigations. You simply need to reconfirm all music permissions and spend some time studying music and looking for copyrighted music.
To be good at creating and circulating travel videos on YouTube, you need to practice often. Learn from other professionals within the community or online. Apply what you have learned and continue practicing. The reason travel videos are so important is that they provide a balanced sensory experience that includes visual movement, sound, story, and personality.
Travel videos have great potential, and even if you’re inexperienced and don’t know what you’re doing, you can start today using this guide.
Knetizen is the Best Netizen News Blog 2022